1. Get a garage door opener that has rolling code technology. This will change the code that is used to open your garage door every time it is used, making it much more difficult for someone to figure out and use to break in, You can also have a key holder security on the garage for that extra layer of security.
2. Keep your garage door opener remote control in a safe place and don’t leave it where someone could easily find and use it.
3. Make sure the door between your house and garage is also secure. This is an often forgotten entry point for burglars but can be just as easy for them to get through if it’s not secured.
4. If you have a window in your garage, make sure it is also secured and that there is no way for someone to easily break through it.
5. Keep your garage door itself in good repair. If it is starting to show signs of wear and tear, get it fixed so that it is more difficult for someone to force their way through.
By following these simple tips, you can help make your garage door a much more secure entry point to your home. BFCC Garage Doors can help you with all your garage door needs, from repairs to opener installation and more. Give us a call today!